Saturday, March 7, 2009

C.R.A.P Print: The Inspiration

Hey guys and gals! Thanks for checking out the site and leaving the super cool comments! Nice to know that people are still coming by and checking out the stuff, so I'll try my best in posting new stuff.(Or at least post something. ;)) I finally received my copies of the Family Guy C.R.A.P art piece I contributed to last year. Chris Jackson up at ACME did a wonderful job in producing these prints. So my hats off to the guys up there for doing this. So my theme for the last two posts have been about process. So what the heck does this have to do with it you ask? Well, this piece got me interested again in creating "robotic" elements to my paintings, something that I've been delving in and out of the last few years. And having to draw hundreds of pages of X-Wings and AT-AT walkers the last few years has kept me in that "technical" mindset, at least subconsciously. A lot of my compositions, I'm noticing, has that feel of "mechanism" to them. Didn't really notice that until now....hmm... kinda wierd. Anyways, I was commissioned to do a piece for Iron Man particularly because of this piece. And a big thanks to my pal Jason Weitzner for showcasing a lot of my work out there, so thank you sir! So on retrospect, all those weekends sit bent over the dining table working on this thing was a cool thing. Sigh. Hard to believe it was already over a year ago. I guess time flies when you're drawin'. Have a great week bloggers!

19 comments:

Mimi Cortazar said...

Hello! Joseph
I like dis Great Texture you hawe so much detail...
thanks 4 comment :)
cheers

Larry Levine said...

This is awesome!!!

RAWLS said...

Very cool my friend!!

jojo said...

wow, that is super cool. i especially love the old metallic treatment. inspiring, thanks!!

Ken said...

hey dude its been a while since I been here! Been neglecting the blogosphere for a while :D Lovely piece, is it watercolour??

°°°MaTtEo said...

It is very nice that it is a pleasure the past to leave a comment on my blog I am honored and thank you very much again for your compliments beautiful work =)

ciao!!!

Peter Breese said...

Nice buddy! Glad to finally see it.

Joseph Lee said...

Thanks guys for the nice words!
Ken: Yes, it's primarily watercolours, with a dabble in acrylics and a pinch of color pencils. The truth is, I'm just trying to save the piece, using whatever materials I have at my desk, and hope something good happens. Sigh. Pretty ridiculous eh?

david benzal said...

Cool work my friend!
See you.

Maurizio Ercole said...

Great illustration!!!!

belmhern said...

Hello Joseph!!. Thank you very much, your blog also looks very good to me and besides I am also a fan of Star Wars.
Greetings!

k. borcz said...

Hey thanks for liking my character. Wow that looks spelled wrong.

Tim said...

Love this one, Joe. I mean, I'm a fan of Family Guy already, but this stuff you do with Brian and Stewie is pretty awesome. The rendered style is wicked.

Elliott said...

great work here! your take on things is awesome.

e

Javi GarcĂ­a said...

Sooo nice!!!, great post!

mibsterguy said...

really nice piece, hope to see more soon!

Joe Karg said...

Killer Family Guy images brother. Wow! Very funny stuff.

Peace,
Joe

Omar "OX" Rodriguez said...

its alive!

irongiant775 said...

Wow. This looks fantastic Joseph! Great linework and colors as always.