Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wasted stage...



Morning bloggers! Things are just absolutely hectic in life, working at the office, juggling overlapping shows and retaining some kind of family life in the process. You guys ever feel that sensation of never having enough time for any one thing? Sigh. Gonna have to make this post quick, cause I gotta run out with my daughter to the park who's been ever so patient with her dad sitting in front of a monitor doing apparently nothing. ;)

So this piece is a tonal pass I did for the Iron Man painting this year. I know a lot of comic artists do a much quicker pass at this process during their penciling process to nail down the placement of blacks in their composition. For me, it also dictates the saturation level of the final painting. I guess with photoshop, you can do this all in one pass, but I'm still old school about my own personal work and I want to keep it that way for now. Compositionally, it's a derivative of the Family Guy piece you saw earlier, so it's nothing that different than what you've seen. I'd like to do more Iron Man pieces in the future, maybe a Stewie Iron Man or a Peter Iron Man? Ha! Could be kinda funny. What do you guys think?

10 comments:

Larry Levine said...

As always, awesome work!!!

Have a great weekend.

Lovelace said...

I just think it's a kick-ass piece of work.

Mimi Cortazar said...

Great pencil! :)

Lorraine said...

very cool piece! Crazy detailed!

Keith Conroy said...

Wow, great job, nice finish on it....are you gonna be coloring it too?

Roberto Zaghi said...

terrific work, the greytones are very effective for 3D

Fabian said...

I believe Old School rules! Keep doing your work your own way, is very amazing! Love this piece, so much detail in it.

Tony DiStefano said...

This is a great piece of art.All the structual elements are there tied together with wonderful appeal.

°°°MaTtEo said...

Hello mr.LEE in back your worrks is fantastic hihi iron man is great....
not to mention peter version THE PUNISHER...hahahahahahahahahahahaaa
Very cool..

Bye =)

Anonymous said...

JUST AMAZING. ALEX from www.3demostraciones.blogspot.com, nice to meet your drawings man