Friday, April 10, 2009

Captain America


Happy Easter bloggers! It's really nice sitting at home and finally getting a little breather for a couple of days. Got a chance to be alone for a few hours, so I immediately jumped into my drawing table and decided to finally do something original to post rather than posting something I did 20 years ago. ;) You constantly hear in the news the challenges our country is facing and immediately I felt creatively drawn to paint ol' Cap. I feel that if we as a country have "Captain America" in our hearts we can get through it stronger than ever. This one was painted on Bristol, with pen, acrylics and watercolours. Have a great week guys!

11 comments:

Mirella said...

woah, beautiful!!!!!
happy easter you too^_^

Tony DiStefano said...

Another great one!
I just recently started to get into this type of style. I've been looking at the works of Doug Wildley, Jack Kirby and John Busema.Also some artist from the early 60's who did movie poster work. Really great stuff.

Lovelace said...

Awesome Cap! Now, what would Cap Am do to rescue the world 'economy'...

TH3DEN said...

Whoa i don't know why but i suddenly feel like this was one of those cards in my marvel deck as a kid that i would not trade for anything. EVER!!! I still have my favourite one. This is super awesome Joseph, really great piece! Will you be tackling any villains soon? Its been awhile since i've seen a kick ass Thanos piece. Anyways, very awesome and happy Easter to you and your family!! :D

Khylov said...

Interesting how you have him looking off to the side; gives a cool little spin to the whole pic. Conveys the impression that he's tense and on the lookout. More mortgage crises on the horizon, I'd imagine.

Khylov said...

Oh wait, Lovelace already used that line. Damn.

Shawn Crystal said...

Looking GREAT Joseph! Thanks for all the compliments on my Blog also.

Peter Breese said...

Awesome man, very nice.

Albert said...

Excelsior! Joseph, it's been a treat to see your last batch of posts... nice to see that you're keeping up the good art fight!

Gorillustrator said...

Wicked-awesome!
Thanks for the compliments to Joseph.

irongiant775 said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Joseph! Cap's my fave and you nailed his spirit perfectly. This reminds me of Jim Lee's rendition way back in his X-men days