Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Deadman



Finally a chance to post! Hope all of you have been well. I'm always trying to aim toward posting a bit more cosistantly, but with the hefty workload at the office and coming home exhausted and with only an hour or 2 before bedtime to spare, I've been opting lately toward spending it with the wife and daughter reading and watching movies. Yesterday though, I had a chance one late night do some doodling and I grabbed this warped out cardboard backing for one of my daughters' drawing pad. The character Deadman has always fascinated me cause, honestly I really don't know what the whole thing about him is. All I know is that the dude looked so freakin' cool I always kept him as a character in mind to draw someday. It wasn't easy, I'll tell ya, trying to draw with the cardboard flexing one way and the other, and the texture of the paper...let's put it this way, don't know if I'll go through that path again. But it was fun. Slapped some crude crayon finish over the pens and there you have it. Hopefully I'll get to do a more finished piece for the guy when chance allows. Peace!

12 comments:

Rodrigo Martin Campo said...

hi what kind of work you do in family guy?

TH3DEN said...

He does look cool indeed and i'm willing to bet its got something to do with that colar :D. I love the colours, and crayons....your work is mind blasting! :)

Joseph Lee said...

Thanks for the nice words guys!

Rodrigo: I'm one of the directors on the show.

TH3DED: Thanks man! Crayons rock!

Larry Levine said...

This is TRULY awesome--beautiful work!!!

C.B. Canga said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C.B. Canga said...

always good to see more of your work joseph. long time... been soooo buy lately with family and work.

thanks for stop'n by.

damon said...

nice

sam liu said...

Awesome work sir! I hear you on the trying to find the time/energy to draw for fun thing. I struggle with that weekly myself haha!

Peter Breese said...

Very awesome. Nice to see another post buddy.1

Mimi Cortazar said...

Very,very nice...i like the color.
great work :)

Chris Kennett said...

Too cool! I love this!

FrankenBarry said...

Wow... awesome piece! One of my favorite DC characters... Neal Adams stuff was amazing.