Monday, July 27, 2009

Action Comics #1


Morning Bloggers! Came back from a crazy weekend at the San Diego Comic con with the family. It was good to meet some friends and artists, and occasional celebrities like Jon Favreau in front of the uber cool Iron Man suits talking about the next movie, all in one giant room! Awesome. I'm not sure the wife really dug it though, and it's understandable. With the claustraphobia from millions of people packed into a tiny square footage, and nothing but comics and superheroes bombarding you whereever you go, you'd have to be really into that or you won't be having a good time. She was a good sport in just following me around the convention, just doing my geeky thing. Next year, I might have to book a hotel room for her to stay in while I attend. Gotta put that on my list. So this piece was a painting I did for our quarterly Family Guy art show with a theme, "Greatest Moments in History". And the only thing that stuck out in my mind was Action Comics #1.

9 comments:

Larry Levine said...

Joseph, This is awesome!!!

RAWLS said...

HAHAHA! That made my day!

Trent Correy said...

Hey Joseph, awesome blog man, really cool stuff, it was a pleasure browsing through it!
I'll def keep following you
-Trent
Thanks for the nice words on my blog!

Ryan Kramer said...

haha, good stuff man. Keep bringin the funny!

Keith Conroy said...

Heh. Or as Peter might say, 'Freaking sweet'.

sam liu said...

Hahaha that is SO awesome!

C.B. Canga said...

ha! nice

Peter Breese said...

You have got to submit this to Covered: coveredblog.blogspot.com

I'm sure they'd love it!

Lovelace said...

Nice job! very fuuny