Thursday, October 1, 2009

Family Guy "JOB"


Hello bloggers! I know I haven't posted anything in awhile since getting back into work mode. It's not a great excuse I know, but things have been absolutely hectic in the studio. I do aim to get back into sketching stuff outside of work again, but there's only so many hours in a day. I see some amazing creative individuals out there that can work and go home and pump out amazing work and I envy those people no doubt. This was a piece that I contributed to the seasonal Family Guy art gallery held here in the studio. The theme was "Masters in Fine Art". I chose Alphonse Mucha's "JOB" and put my "Family Guy" spin to it. The medium to this piece was with Acrylics and ink. I had a fun time working on it and the event was absolutely a blast. It's a really cool thing to kind of cross that boundary at work and do something a bit more "artsy". It's an awesome event that I look forward to every time they have one. Until the next post bloggers! Have a great week!

13 comments:

TH3DEN said...

:D That is super wicked. Love the hair!!

Mimi Cortazar said...

Great Job! :)

Illink said...

LOL this is great! Funny stuff! Yeah Mucha!

Seven said...

Wow great job replicating the original. I cant believe how much detail you put into this. Very cool!

Peter Breese said...

Fantastic - hilarious! Nice work buddy.

ARI said...

Nice combination.

Trent Correy said...

Hey Joe, this is totally sweet man....that sounds like a really fun event too! Probably lots of sweet artwork up!
I just saw the Family guy when they're animated and drawn in Disney and robot chicken ect....freak'n hilarious, I got that pie song stuck in my head!

Larry Levine said...

Awesome!!!

Oscar Rosales said...

That is awesome! Very funny stuff!

Mirella said...

wow, very cool draw!! I love it^^

B. Morris said...

Amazing Joseph, yet another great piece!

Tim said...

Your Family Guy images are always fun and stylized.

Ken said...

haha it looks great!