Thursday, February 4, 2010

Jimi


Thanks guys for checking out the site. I haven't been so regular with the postings, but I'm gonna try to be more frequent so check by often! Finished a long day of work and got a chance to scan this piece I did at the end of the day. Wanna thank my peeps Jason Weitzner for helping me out with the scan. My Assistant director came in a few days ago with a really cool shirt with Jimi Hendrix and I remember how cool the image of him looked. Just kinda poured that energy I felt from seeing the image and I drew this. I kinda like the rough look to the piece, kind of has that raw kinetic energy you feel hearing his music. What do you guys think? Until the next post bloggers!

7 comments:

Pietronao said...

really amazing work!!

Oscar Rosales said...

Very cool stuff Joseph! Keep it up!

Peter Breese said...

Fantastic buddy, really like the feel of this one.

Mel said...

Superb illustrations:) beautiful

Chris Kennett said...

Great work, love the looseness.

Albert said...

Lookin' good, Joseph!

Ken said...

I agree! It reflects that energy in his playing. Gotta love Jimi!